What is Family Coaching?
What Do Family Coaches Help With?
Family coaches help families and individuals identify their various values, wants, needs and goals and helps the members come up with strategies to reach these goals as well as keep them accountable.
Coaches work on leveraging the strengths of individuals and groups as well as call attention to areas where they have room for improvement to help make forward progress.
Some common areas family coaches help with:
- New parent challenges
- Marriage challenges
- Parenting issues for different stages, such as separation anxiety, depression or discipline
- Blended family issues
- Teen pregnancy
- School dropout prevention
- Anger or stress management
What Are The Benefits of Family Coaching?
Think of the family as its own organization. It often requires work to grow as individuals and situations change.
Some of the things that can be addressed are the following:
- Empowerment of all members within the family
- Improved communication
- Stronger relationships
- Increased respect
- Increased confidence
- Increased balance
- Improved ability to make decisions
- Improved time management
- Improved peace
- Improved day-to-day living
- Conflict resolution